Advertisment

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

stud tail



As i promise before, here is some info related on stud tail. Stud tail happen commonly to non-neuter male cat. I knew this from my second vet. At first, i taught my cat has flea or infection however, my cat never been out. my first vet has difficulties to identified the problem then i went for a second opinion. she gave a reasonable explanation to me.

Characteristic of stud tail:

* it is start from top part of tail until at the end.
* black colour
* it seam like it stuck to the skin
* always occur for mature non-neuter cat


How it is happen.

* mature male cat that want to mating produce oil. the oil deposit on top of the skin.


Prevention

*neuter

or if you don't want to neuter your cat, you can try these preventions

* make sure your male cat mate at least three cat in a year.
* or put baby powder to make sure it can absorb the oil.
* regularly shampoo the tail

No comments: